Upload Profile Image
- Pr. Riadh GOUIDER is Professor of Neurology since 2005.
- He was graduated from faculty of Medicine of Tunis on 1993.
- He obtained a diploma of clinical Neurophysiology on 1993 from faculty of Medicine of Paris VI and completed fellowship in peripheral nerve diseases in the department of Neurology of Pr P. Bouche at La Pitié Salpétrière Hospital.
- He obtained the International Affairs committee foreign scholarship Award by American Academy of Neurology on 1994.
- He obtained a Master of Neurogenetics on 1999 from faculty of Medicine of Tunis.
- He is member in the French Society of Neurology (SFN) since 2003 and the French Society for Research in clinical neurophysiology (ARN) since 1993.
- He authored and co-authored more than 100 original papers or book chapters.
His fields of interest, developed with the neurological department team, are:
- Inherited Peripheral Neuropathies and Neuromuscular diseases axed on clinical; electrophysiological and genetic studies of Charcot Marie Tooth disease, especially on autosomal recessive forms and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
- Epilepsy, with a main focus on neurophysiology and genetic of epilepsies, especially, familial forms of idiopathic epilepsies, recessive epilepsies and Unverricht Lundborg disease.
- Multiple sclerosis, with an axed research on epidemiology and clinical specificities in Tunisia, Maghreb and Arabian world.
- Dementia, with four key research areas: epidemiology of dementia in Tunisians, early and younger onset dementias, neuropsychological assessment and risk factors.