The misson of the NeuropathyCommons website is to:
- Help patients find neuropathy experts in their areas. Each center can post its own information about medical services, research, and publications
- Provide information about neuropathy to patients and medical professionals.
- Provide a secure framework for medical and scientific collaboration.
NeuropathyCommons Team at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH):
- Anne Louise Oaklander MD PhD, Associate Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, Assistant in Pathology, MGH, Director MGH Nerve Unit
- Max M. Klein PhD, Instructor of Neurology, MGH, Harvard Medical School
- Heather M. Downs BS; Laboratory Manager; MGH Nerve Unit
- Sudeshna Das PhD, Assistant Professor of Neurology, MGH, Harvard Medical School, Director Biomedical Informatics Core, MGH
- Emily Merrill MSc, Bioinformatician
- Pat McCaffrey, PhD, Content Editor
- Elaine Alibrandi, Content Design
The MAYDAY Fund
US Department of Defense Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP) award GW130109. Principal Investigator A.L. Oaklander MD PhD, Co-investigator Max Klein PhD, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston MA.
This project has no commercial funding or corporate sponsors. It does not post advertisements or track viewers.
These peripheral nerve experts also have expertise in developing case definitions, evidence-based methods, and/or links to key professional societies, e.g., Peripheral Nerve Society, American Academy of Neurology, European Academy of Neurology (formerly the European Federation of Neurological Societies), World Federation of Neurology. They will help develop the project methodologies and analyses and interact with professional society endorsers.
- Verne S. Caviness, Jr., MD, DPHIL, Professor of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School; Emeritus Director of Child Neurology, MGH
- Alain Créange, Chair, Department of Neurology, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil France
- Peter J. Dyck, Director of the Peripheral Nerve Research Laboratory, Mayo Clinic, Rochester Minnesota, USA
- John England MD, Chair, Department of Neurology, Louisiana State UHSC, USA
- Eva Feldman MD PhD, Department of Neurology, U. Michigan, Ann Arbor MI, USA
- Riadh Gouider MD, Head of Neurology Department, Razi Hospital, La Manouba, Tunisia
- Mary M. Reilly MD FRCP FRCPI, Centre for Neuromuscular Diseases, University College London