Francesca Gimigliano is Associate Professor in Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine at the Department of Mental and Physical Health and Preventive Medicine at University of Campania “Luigi Vanvitelli” (Napoli) in Italy where she is President of the School of Speech and Language Therapy, Chair of the Residency Program in Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, and Delegate for the Chancellor for the Communication and Third Missions.
She is the current Vice President of the International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine (ISPRM).
She is one of the Promoters of the Cochrane Rehabilitation Field, the Chair of the Communication Committee, and the responsible for the Cochrane Rehabilitation ebook production.
Her main field of research is the rehabilitation of age-related musculoskeletal conditions, such as osteoporosis, but her publications cover multiple topics of the rehabilitation field.
She contributed as lecturer and chairperson in several national and international meetings. She won “ISPRM Young Scientist Award” for the best research paper presented at the “5th World Congress of the International Society of PRM” (Istanbul, June 2009) and “ISPRM Poster Award” for the best poster presentation at the “8th World Congress of the International Society of PRM” (Cancun, June 2014).
She is Author of several papers published on International Journals. She is Associate Editor of the “Principles and Practice of Clinical Research Journal”; member of the International Scientific Advisory Board Member of the “Turkish Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation”; Scientific Secretary and Reviewer of the “European Journal of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine”; and Reviewer of the “American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.”
1. Are exercise interventions effective in patients with cerebral palsy? A Cochrane Review summary with commentary.
Dev Med Child Neurol. 2020 Jan;62(1):18-20.
2. International Classification of Service Organization in Rehabilitation: An updated set of categories.
Gutenbrunner C, Nugraha B, Gimigliano F, Meyer T, Kiekens C.
J Rehabil Med. 2019 Nov 13.
3. Bone alterations in inflammatory bowel diseases.
Sgambato D, Gimigliano F, De Musis C, Moretti A, Toro G, Ferrante E, Miranda A, De Mauro D, Romano L, Iolascon G, Romano M.
World J Clin Cases. 2019 Aug 6;7(15):1908-1925. Review.
4. Are the treatments for chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP) effective and safe? A cochrane overview summary with commentary.
Oaklander AL, Gimigliano F.
5. Is whole body vibration exercise training effective and safe in fibromyalgia patients? A Cochrane Review summary with commentary.
J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact. 2019 Jun 1;19(2):133-135.
6. Mapping the primary outcomes reported in Cochrane systematic reviews regarding stroke with the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health domains: current trend and future recommendations.
Engkasan JP, Ahmad-Fauzi A, Sabirin S, Chai CC, Abdul-Malek IZ, Liguori S, Moretti A, Gimigliano F.
Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2019 Jun;55(3):378-383.
7. Cochrane Rehabilitation: 2018 annual report.
Negrini S, Arienti C, Engkasan JP, Gimigliano F, Grubisic F, Howe T, Ilieva E, Lazzarini SG, Levack WM, Malmivaara A, Meyer T, Oral A, Patrini M, Pollet J, Rathore FA, Kiekens C.
Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2019 Apr;55(2):314-318.
8. Effectiveness of denosumab on back pain-related disability and quality-of-life in patients with vertebral fragility fractures.
Moretti A, de Sire A, Curci C, Toro G, Gimigliano F, Iolascon G.
Curr Med Res Opin. 2018 Nov 8:1-5.
9. The struggle for evidence in physical and rehabilitation medicine: publication rate of randomized controlled trials and systematic reviews is growing more than in other therapeutic fields.
Negrini S, Levack W, Gimigliano F, Arienti C, Villafañe JH, Kiekens C.
Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2019 Apr;98(4):258-265.
10. Use of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health Generic-30 Set for the characterization of outpatients: Italian Society of Physical and Rehabilitative Medicine Residents Section Project.
Gimigliano F, De Sire A, Gastaldo M, Maghini I, Paoletta M, Pasquini A, Boldrini P, Selb M, Prodinger B; SIMFER Residents Section Group.
Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2019 Apr;55(2):258-264.